Morocco - Traveling
Diplomatic representations: Moroccan Representations abroad
Organizing your trip
Means of transport recommended in town
Buses are not very reliable and dilapidated.
Means of transport recommended in the rest of the country
Apart from this route, there exists a rather dense bus network. Best maintained are those of Morocco Public Transportation, information and services for travelandSupratours Travel.
To access more isolated areas, "big taxis" must be taken. Several seats can be bought if one is in a hurry.
|Name||Type||Domestic flights||International flights|
|Royal Air Maroc||Major||Yes||Yes|
|Jet 4 You||Low-cost||No||Yes|
Traveling by yourself
Different forms of tourism
The Mediterranean beaches, around Tétouan in particular, are also very pleasant.
Argan oil, distinct in the world, is also sought for its numerous virtues.
Health and safety
Drinking water is supplied in all the big cities and in certain villages, but it is recommended to drink mineral water. Wash fruits and vegetables carefully. Consume well done meats. Avoid bathing in the wadis and dams.
Time difference and climate
You can taste:
- Kebabs: pieces of beef or chicken marinated with spices
- Couscous: wheat flour with meat and vegetables
- Lamb barbecue: whole lamb on a skewer
- Pastilla: with pigeon, chicken or seafood (this recipe contains all the Middle-East and North-African flavors).
- Tajines: red or white meat with sauce and vegetables or dry fruits
Fresh fruit juices are varied and excellent.
Alcohol is relatively rare, though the Meknès region produces pleasant wines.