Hungary - Traveling
Organizing your trip
Means of transport recommended in town
Means of transport recommended in the rest of the country
|Name||Type||Domestic flights||International flights|
Traveling by yourself
Different forms of tourism
- the Benedictine Abbey at Pannonhalma,
- Buda Castle,
- Pest (en anglais),
More Information on Festivalcity, Szegediszabadteri.
- Cycling, hiking in the Ferto-Hanság National Park
- Kiskunság National Park
- Hortobágy National Park
Or you can also enjoy a sunny afternoon by the Velence lake which is only 30 minutes away from Budapest.
Fish in the River Tisza.
Go horse riding on the Great Plain.
Drink wine from the vineyards of the Szépasszony Valley.
Health and safety
Time difference and climate
Summer (Daylight Saving) Time: until the last Sunday of October: the clocks spring backwards one hour.
The average temperature is 11 °C
The coldest month is January (average temperature -2°C)
The hottest month is July (average temperature 28°C).
April, May, September months are the best months to visit the country
- Gulyás - Hungarian goulash is a hearty beef, capsicum and paprika soup;
- Western goulash is called pörkölt or tokány;
- Gundel palacsinta: pancake served with walnuts, raisins, lemon rind, chocolate sauce and rum;
- Paprikás csirke: paprika chicken;
- Kolbasz: sausage spiced with paprika.
- Bull’s Blood: strong red wine;
- Pálinka: brandy;
- Unicum(herb liqueur).