Vietnam - Selling and buying
Reaching the consumers
- Food is the most important component of Vietnam's retail sector and accounts for nearly two-third of total retail sales.
- Non-food sector is expected to grow at a faster pace than food, because of the rise in income and consumer spending on non-essential items such as clothing, electrical and DIY goods.
- Demand for international brands and luxury products will rise as income level move upwards in the country.
- Modern retailing formats like air-conditioned mini-marts, supermarkets and small shopping complexes will become more prevalent in the coming years and will lure consumers away from traditional outdoor markets.
Market access procedures
Association of Southeast Asian Nations - ASEAN, AFTA and the ASEAN - China Free Trade Area.
The country have signed a trade agreement with 21 other countries in the São Paulo Round of the Global System of Trade Preferences among Developing Countries (GSTP).
- Vietnam ’s Classification List of Import and Export Goods; Preferential Import Tariff Nomenclature; Export Tariff Nomenclature;
- Six (6) general rules of HS Convention;
- Obligatory explanatory notes of HS Convention;
- Making references to supplementary explanatory notes of ASEAN Harmonized Tariff Nomenclature and detailed explanatory notes of the Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System (HS).
When carrying out customs procedures for importing goods, the customs declarers must submit and present a customs dossier at the headquarters of Customs Sub-branch and be responsible for legality and lawfulness of customs dossiers and accurateness of declared contents on customs declaration form. Click here for more information.