Australia - Traveling
Organizing your trip
Means of transport recommended in town
Means of transport recommended in the rest of the country
Air transport is excellent but the cost of domestic flights is high. The air network is extensive and there are services between all the main cities. There is a flight almost every hour between the most important cities. There is a rail network but it is not very efficient and it is faster to travel by plane because of the distances involved. Buses are efficient and comfortable.
|Name||Type||Domestic flights||International flights|
Traveling by yourself
Different forms of tourism
- Sydney with its historical sites connected with the first European immigrants, as well as with the indigenous people of Australia, the Aborigines. For further information about the city: Sydney
- Melbourne with a large European community such as Greeks and Italians, but also the Chinese population. For further information about Melbourne and Victoria, please visit: Melbourne.
Sydney : its famous Opera House (Opera House) and the bridge over the bay (Harbour Bridge).
Melbourne is well known for its lively cultural life, with theater, music, fashion and international sporting events.
Over the last few years, Brisbane has developed its cultural and night life (museums, theaters, galleries).
The city of Adelaide is appreciated for its architecture, its modernism and very relaxed life-style. The city has many restaurants, shops and entertainments.
Western Australia : The capital is Perth 3 200 km from Sydney and probably the most isolated capital in the world. Nevertheless, it is a beautiful, modern city with a very pleasant climate and life style and it has kept the atmosphere of a provincial town.
Tasmania is an island south of Victoria, famous for its landscapes, its horticultural products and its wines. The capital is Hobart. There is practically no pollution in the air and waters of Tasmania thanks to there being very little industry there.
Northern Territory : this is the region where much of the land is still uninhabited. The climate varies from tropical in the north to desert and tundra in the south. The most well known tourist attraction in the region is Ayers Rock. There is a wide variety of wildlife such as the great sea water crocodile, the dingo, the wallaby and many different species of birds. Aquatic creatures and reptiles are numerous. Darwin is the main city of the territory (tropical climate).
Health and safety
Time difference and climate
We can mention:
- Australian Cheesecake.
- Australian Dinkum Chili: Australian chilli with bacon, beef and pork, seasoned with cumin, garlic, chilli powder and onions.
- Chicken with basil sauce.
- Curried Mussels with Mushrooms.
- Kangaroo Escalopes with Spinach and Anchovy Butter.
- Octopus Salad.
- Anzac Biscuits.
- Strawberry Meringue Pudding.