Insurance in Rwanda before creation of SONARWA
Prior to 1975 there were no full-fledged insurance companies existing in Rwanda.
However, some foreign brokerage firms were in operation representing their
mother-companies. Prominent among these was Charles Le Jeune. These firms had
capacity and were empowered to underwrite and manage claims.
On June 20th 1975, Law N°20/75 regulating insurance operations in Rwanda
On August 7th 1975, Law N°32/75 establishing Third Party Motor Liability cover as
mandatory was enacted.
Our Vision is to maintain our leading position in Rwanda
and play a major role in the region as a composite insurer
by providing high quality insurance products and financial
services to our customers.
Our Mission is to provide our clients with affordable
and reliable insurance and financial solutions while
enhancing economic growth in Rwanda and the region
through productive investment activities.
The company commits itself to :
- High quality services
- Having committed, innovative and professional staff.
- Prudent underwriting principles and equitable claims settlement.
- A fair return to shareholders' funds.
- A responsible corporate citizenship.
- Availing our services throughout Rwanda and the region.